Make-A-Wish® New Jersey (MAWNJ), granting the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength, and joy, seeks a full-time accounting professional to join our team at our Monroe Township, NJ castle facility. This is a great opportunity to share in the power of a child’s wish come true, especially at one of the leading Make-A-Wish chapters in the country, as well as a tremendous opportunity to play a crucial role in our success, make an immediate impact, and experience profound job satisfaction/fulfillment.
1. Accounts Payable Processing and Payment of Expenditures - Invoices, business credit card, employee expense reimbursements, volunteer expense reimbursements, purchase order management.
- Understanding of standards, policies and procedures for chapter and national organization.
- Ensure accuracy, timeliness, proper authorization and recording in general ledger system.
- Control of payment processing and coordination of check signing with senior staff and Board signers.
- Control and coordination of business credit card reconciliations and documentation process.
- Vendor administration including set-up, coordination of/communication for inquiries and research/resolution of past due billings.
- Year-end activities including preparation of Form 1099s, accruals, annual audit and Form 990 support.
- Preparation of Excel spreadsheets and analysis in support of accounting processes.
- Generation of reports from Financial Edge system.
2. Cash Flow Monitoring - Request bank transfers to ensure adequate/timely funds to cover checks and payroll.
3. Journal entries for month-end close of books – Prepare reconciliations, create journal entries and perform data entry for one-time and recurring items, such as bank transfers, bank fees, credit cards, interest income, reimbursements, wish assists, depreciation and prepaid amortization. Perform research and analysis.
4. Inventory Control - Establish process controls for wish child gift inventory inflow/outflow in coordination with Program Services and Development; safekeeping, valuation and accounting for inventory.
6. Records Retention - Management of accounting archives - onsite and offsite storage.
Bachelor degree in accounting, business or finance, 3+ years accounts payable experience, strong verbal and written communication skills, and a proven record in problem-solving and achieving goals timely. Must have experience with high volume accounts payable environment, organizing process flows, advocating process improvements and communication with senior leadership. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word and Outlook) and advanced Excel skills are desired. Must have worked with general ledger applications. Must be analytical, work independently and collaborate as part of a team to manage changing priorities and react swiftly to chapter business support needs. Experience with non-profit accounting requirements and Blackbaud Financial Edge software is preferred. Must be accurate, detail-oriented, organized, inquisitive, deadline-driven, self- motivated, energetic, and reliable. Must be a team player with a great work ethic, and who enjoys owning and juggling priorities in pursuit of an important mission. Must be able to pass background and credit checks. Flexibility with hours is desired. Local candidates and CPA candidates preferred.
**No phone calls please. Resume and cover letter (including salary requirements) can be emailed to email@example.com. Please indicate Accounting Coordinator in the subject line.**
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.