Title: Senior Wish Manager
Department: Program Services
Supervisor: Vice President for Program Services
Status: Full Time
Job Summary: Responsible for the internal management of the Wishgranting program, to ensure the execution of the goals and objectives set forth for the Program Services Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• In conjunction with Program Services Consultant, manages wish pipeline and schedules wishes in accordance with the targeted number of wishes for the pre-determined monthly wish flow, keeping within perspective budgets and timeliness goals.
• Oversees and supports Wish Coordinators.
• Supervise performance and coordinate reviews for Wish Coordinators.
• Perform communication follow-up sessions with Wish Coordinators to assure completion of assigned tasks and goal achievement.
• Processes wish family packets and supplemental paperwork submitted by volunteer teams after initial wish interviews take place.
• Enters data obtained by volunteers into wish child’s record.
• Concept approves child’s wish, requested participants, any additional requests made by child and/or family.
• Ensures proper controls are maintained by ensuring appropriate signatures, releases and supplemental documentation is obtained for each wish granted.
• Sends confirmation email to volunteer team with approval of wish and documentation of outstanding paperwork necessary for wish to move forward.
• Answer any questions/concerns the volunteers or wish families have regarding the wish.
• Manages, plans and executes a caseload of wishes.
• Coordinates all specific aspects involved with the wish, including but not limited to: transportation, accommodations, services, assisting chapters, medical equipment, liability forms, and itineraries.
• Establishes a wish budget within the guidelines set forth by the Chapter’s budget, receive approval on all budgets by Vice President for Program Services.
• Monitors progress of each wish and ensures wish proceeds in a timely manner.
• Provides proper reporting and back up, i.e. credit card authorizations, purchase orders, gift in-kind forms.
• Administers and files all procedures required for completion of a wish.
• Effectively performs crisis communication and reflective listening techniques with wish families.
• Manages wish database and equivalent paper files on each child to ensure compliance with National Standards and Chapter guidelines.
• Maintains and manages wish evaluation process.
• Send evaluation forms/surveys to wish families whose wishes are granted within a predetermined timeframe.
• Enter survey results into spreadsheet so data can be calculated and reported to Vice President of Program Services and President and CEO.
• Document surveys have been received in wish child’s record.
• Manages other program-related tasks that need to be coordinated, such as National partnerships, Airmiles, wish assists, high profile/celebrity wishes.
• Manages wish in-kind processing.
• Provides 24-hour on-call coverage on active wishes as needed (one week per month)
• Represents Make-A-Wish New Jersey at annual events; works as a liaison and support figure for wish families who are in attendance.
• Attends volunteer continuing education training sessions to support volunteer department
• Provides staff support for wish family visits on predetermined evenings and weekends at the Wishing Place.
• Assists with updating of Wishgranting policies and guidelines within the Program Services Department. In addition to staying abreast of National policies, guidelines and resources as they relate to the Wishgranting program.
• Contributes improvement ideas that will continually seek to raise the level of service and quality provided by Make-A-Wish New Jersey.
• Participates as productive member of the team in the attaining of annual goals, objectives and long range planning as directed by the Vice President of Program Services and President & CEO.
• Provides assistance and support to Vice President of Program Services and coordinates and manages special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
• Management experience required
• 3-5 years related work experience in program management, social work, health management, or non-profit organization
• Fluency in Spanish a plus
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks effectively
• Able to successfully work in, motivate, and support a collaborative, team-oriented organization
• Fulfill wishes and interact with families in a compassionate and caring manner, sensitive to the challenging circumstances that may be present in families’ lives
• Provide excellent customer service and representation of Make-A-Wish to external supporters and all wish families
• Commitment to and a passion for the mission of Make-A-Wish New Jersey
• Confidentiality and personal integrity are essential
• Experience with developing and implementing creative solutions to time sensitive work
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office and database management, preferably Raiser’s Edge database management software
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.